C.F. Martin & Co.
Martin LX1E ® Travel Sized Acoustic Guitar
Little Size, Big Martin Sound
If you travel often and want to bring a 6-string companion along, few instruments fit the bill better than Little Martin series guitars! The LX1E’s modified O-style body is about as comfortable as acoustic guitars get, sporting a solid spruce top and mahogany-pattern HPL back and sides to deliver luscious Martin tone in a luggage-bin sized package. FSC Certified Richlite is used for both the fingerboard and bridge — this composite material is all but impervious to changes in temperature and humidity, while still offering a sleek, smooth playing surface. Finally, a Fishman Sonitone pickup faithfully replicates your unplugged tone, making the Little Martin LX1E a workhorse that’s equally at home on the stage, in the studio, or on the couch!
Sustainable building materials
One of the most appealing features of the Little Martin LX1E is how Martin designed it with materials that are simultaneously environmentally sustainable, durable, and more than capable of delivering traditional Martin acoustic tone! The bridge and fingerboard are made with FSC Richlite, a long-lasting composite material that offers old-school Martin tone but with space-age reliability. Richlite is totally unaffected by temperature and humidity changes, making it a perfect choice for musicians who travel often or live in challenging climates. In addition, the Mahogany HPL back and sides deliver a warm sound, and they’re far less likely to dry out and crack compared to solid wood designs.
Onboard Fishman electronics
The LX1E acoustic-electric guitar has onboard Fishman Sonitone electronics that faithfully reproduce the warm and mellow tones of your guitar. Since the electronics are mounted in the guitar’s soundhole, your volume and tone knobs are within easy reach and are very inconspicuous. With onboard electronics this good, you’ll feel confident hitting the stage or the studio!
Martin LX1E Little Martin Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Modified O-style body is ideal for travel, couching playing, and musicians of a smaller stature
- Solid spruce top offers a lively and resonant response
- Mahogany pattern HPL back and sides are incredibly sturdy and produce a full and clear midrange-biased tone
- 23-inch scale length offers a loose, comfortable playing feel that’s great for players of all sizes
- Highly durable rust birch laminate neck with a Modified Low Oval neck shape with taper for high playing performance
- Fishman Sonitone pickup faithfully replicates your tone when plugging in
- Smooth and low-maintenence hand-rubbed satin finish